Senior Internal Auditor - Rotation Program
- Wheaton, IL
"I want a Senior Internal Auditor who will come in with fresh ideas, a team mentality, and someone who wants to really aggressively accelerate his/her career either in audit or in other areas of the business. " - Internal Audit Director
The new Audit Director on this team is open and excited about coming in with fresh ideas to take the audit team and company to a whole new level. He is looking for audit professionals who don't want to be box-checkers, but who come with ideas to share on ways to improve processes and the business as a whole. His team spends 40-50% of its time on special value-add projects which may include process improvements & efficiencies, filling talent gaps, being a resource to the business, assisting with acquisitions, and documenting processes throughout the business to be used in a powerful and impactful way. The Audit Director comes from an environment where the audit team was a feeder into other areas of the business and is committed to helping his team find rewarding careers in the business. The CFO and other leadership support and encourages the audit team to create, recommend, and do what they deem most impactful for the organization.
- Currently listed as 50%, however, once the team is quickly fully staffed travel will be 30-40%. Travel is primarily domestic and Canada with the option of participating in 2 international audits a year to Europe, Asia, or Australia. Domestic travel will include visiting business units in LA, Seattle, Kansas City, Houston, and other metro and rural operations.
The Senior Internal Auditor will lead financial, operational, compliance, and strategic audits for all companies within the portfolio.
- Facilitate and participate in all phases of financial, operational, compliance and strategic audits, including planning, scheduling, execution and oversight of testing, summarization of results, report preparation and follow-up with management on effective and timely remediation.
- Perform audit activities to ensure timely completion and to maximize efficiency of audit approach.
- Analyze data to understand trends and risk patterns and recommend adjustments to the audit processes based on results of analytics.
- Assist Internal Audit management to identify internal control and financial statement risks as well as business process improvement opportunities; develop plans appropriate to address risks and opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop new audit processes or implement improvements to existing audit processes to enhance overall effectiveness of the Company's audit department.
- Keep abreast of Finance team priorities and initiatives as well as Heico business unit, and Internal Audit Industry developments to ensure audit activities and plans are responsive to organizational needs and follow the most recent best practices.
- Assist with special projects as designated by the Internal Audit management team or Executive Management. This may include, but is not limited to, process or control redesign, fraud analysis, consultation on system implementation, investigation of potential non-compliance, etc.
- Communicate audit results and ensure that results are understood, presented fairly, properly documented, and appropriate action plans are put into place and agreed upon by management.
- Support annual external financial audits of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Assist merger and acquisition efforts through due diligence support and post-closing integration process.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in public accounting and/or internal audit
Monday, March 30, 2020