Senior Internal Auditor - Industry Leading Manufacturer
- Northbrook, IL
Senior Internal Auditor
Assist with the planning, execution and reporting of Operational audits for a $4 billion dollar multi-national company. This position is responsible for the coordination of Internal Audit activities at various plants, distribution facilities, vendors, contractors and the Corporate office.
- Assists the Manager, Internal Audit, in ensuring that the organization, subsidiaries, and reporting units adhere to proper accounting and financial reporting practices including compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and their accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists in planning audits including areas to be reviewed and procedures to be performed.
- Reviews the relevance, reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Recommend improvements in procedures and systems.
- Assists in preparing written documents for auditees that summarize the findings of each audit. Assists in the development of action plans that will address each audit finding.
- Reviews operations and programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Reviews the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have a significant impact on operations and reports and whether the organization is in compliance.
- Partners with external auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function.
- Advises business partners in the area of risk and control as requested.
- Documents audit testing and conclusions in a concise and complete manner within the Internal Audit software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in internal audit, public accounting, or equivalent.
- CPA and/or MBA desirable.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Must interact well and be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization including directors, general managers and officers.
- Keen problem solving and critical thinking skills required to effectively evaluate operational risks and controls.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Data Analytics is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Reasonable proficiency with PC and related software.
Friday, April 28, 2023