Senior Accountant Opening with Top Voted Asset Manager!
- Chicago, IL
Senior Financial Accountant
Our client, a well-known asset manager with $55 billion in AUM, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for their fund accounting department.
As part of this superstar team, you'll have the opportunity to support financial and investor reporting for some of their largest funds, while also diving into process initiatives that directly impact and improve the business. This is a team with a strong culture that values growth, development, and autonomy.
This group also offers some of the best benefits (generous 401K match, insurance paid for by the employer, flexible remote work, daily commuter benefits, hefty bonuses, & more).
- Assisting in the accounting and reporting for various investment funds and vehicles, ensuring processes and output are consistent with US GAAP and specific partnership agreements
- Maintaining the general ledger; working with the Operations Team to optimize automated entries as well as controlling and minimizing manual entries
- Preparing and maintaining supporting schedules for partners’ capital allocations including complex incentive fee calculations
- Assisting the Investor Communications Team in meeting regular periodic investor reporting requirements and responding to various investor requests through the preparation of quarterly statements
- Driving analysis and support for capital calls and distributions – coordinating with Investor Communications, Treasury and Senior Leadership on the planning, preparation and execution of calls and distributions
- Assisting in timely, accurate and meaningful fund and general business reporting and analysis to Firm leadership
- Supporting the preparation of the financial statements, providing information and support for the Firm’s independent auditors
- Assisting in various ad-hoc projects and requests
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (accounting or finance preferred)
- CPA is strongly encouraged
- 3 to 5 years of meaningful, relevant experience in similar business is strongly desired (private equity / leveraged finance / hedge fund or similar), public accounting background in financial services is helpful
- Strong accounting skills and instincts
- High skill level in Excel required
- Proficiency in Workday, Access, Wall Street Office and similar packages is a strong plus
- Strong reputation and examples of exceptional team orientation – this is vital to being a successful member of the Fund Accounting Team as well as working closely with Operations, Investor Communications and Treasury
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment under the direction of various Controllers depending on the task at hand
- Comfortable with a steep learning curve and seeking assistance from a strong and committed peer group
- Capacity to be a deep thinker – need to operationalize complex partnership agreements and account for investments, incentive fee arrangements and partner allocations
- Capacity and passion for being part of a fast-growing environment – requiring outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, strong intellect and appropriate self confidence
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization and automation
Tuesday, June 20, 2023