Safety Manager - Food Manufacturer
- Bolingbrook, IL
Buckingham Search is partnering with a leading meat processor/manufacturer to secure a Safety Manager.
- Implements and develops procedures with management that effectively identifies and controls hazards to prevent injury.
- Assist management to develop processes and procedures that will help eliminate or reduce OSHA violations.
- Aides in the development of new managers in the organization in areas of safety and health and drives change as needed.
- Administer safety programs and procedures for the facility.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of incidents to appropriate governmental agencies and risk management personnel.
- Monitors accident trends to target areas of deficiency and makes recommendations to prevent future occurrences.
- Conduct industrial hygiene monitoring and identify potential overexposures.
- Assist in conducting training for team members, supervisors and sub-contractors as needed.
- Assist in conducting incident investigations, completing recordkeeping requirements, and ensures appropriate governmental agencies have been notified.
- Stay abreast of state and federal laws and regulations that impact general industry and construction.
- Responsible for Workers’ Compensation program including injury management and oversight of Health Services.
- Managing costs for the department.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure a safe work environment, through training, audits, inspections, and enforcement.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of safety.
- Lead internal teams, safety related activities and projects.
- Partner with Human Resources, management and team members to promote safety.
Job RequirementsBachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience including safety-related position and/or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and other applicable Federal and State legislations.
- Basic First Aid Certification, EMT licenses and knowledge of Worker’s Compensation is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team of resourceful and skilled team members.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020