- Northbrook, IL
Senior Auditor - Global Chemicals Company
- Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
- Size: 1,001-5,000 employees
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Schedule: Hybrid (3 days in-office)
Assist with the planning, execution, and reporting of Operational audits for a multi-billion dollar multi-national company. This position is responsible for the coordination of Internal Audit activities at various plants, distribution facilities, vendors, contractors, and the Corporate office.
- Assists the Manager, Internal Audit, in ensuring that the company, subsidiaries, and reporting units adhere to proper accounting and financial reporting practices including compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the company's accounting policies and procedures.
- Reviews the relevance, reliability, and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Recommends improvements in procedures and systems.
- Assists in preparing written documents for auditees that summarize the findings of each audit. Assists in the development of action plans that will address each audit finding.
- Reviews operations and programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Reviews the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have a significant impact on operations and reports and whether the organization is in compliance.
- Assist the Data Analytics (DA) team in Continuous Controls Auditing of high-risk processes by performing follow-up and/or investigation of unusual patterns or trends identified through DA procedures.
- Leads and directs audit teams consisting of internal audit staff and co-source partners including administering/monitoring audit plans during engagements, review of work assignments, and identifying staff development needs.
- Assists in ensuring that best practices and remediation action plans identified through the audit process have been implemented, where appropriate, throughout the company.
- Performs ad hoc appraisals, inspections, investigations, examinations or reviews at the request of the Manager or VP, Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in internal audit, public accounting, or equivalent.
- CPA and/or MBA desirable.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Must interact well and be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization including directors, general managers, and officers.
- Keen problem-solving and critical thinking skills required to effectively evaluate operational risks and controls.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Data Analytics is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Tuesday, July 25, 2023