Senior Accountant, Real Estate
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is thrilled to be representing a global brand that has recently been awarded Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes), 100 Best Workplace for Millennials (Fortune). The company boasts a beautiful airy office in the loop which is strategically designed for collaboration and inclusion.
Things to get excited about:
- Flexible work hours (most teams give two 1/2 day Fridays a month but each team can be different)
- Strong benefits package
- After 1 year of service, receive 12 free hotel nights a year
- Gym on site
- Open, collaborative office
- Company is actively involved with organizations to benefit youth employment, human rights, carbon emissions, and water use across the globe.
- Preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, cost segregations, analytics, and other requested details used for financial reporting.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics, and other work assigned to and prepared by staff accountants.
- Global fixed asset maintenance, including fixed asset additions, transfers, retirements, and depreciation for owned/leased properties.
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management, other departments, and external auditors.
- Contribute to and enhance compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Consolidation of North American and International wholly-owned legal entities based on financial statements prepared by 3rd party accountants
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual external reporting schedules, such as those related to cash flows and footnotes.
- Assistance with the preparation and audit review of certain real estate entities, in accordance with the statutory requirements of the respective entities.
- Required: 3-5 years of experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, or other equivalent business/financial role
- Preferred: Supervisory responsibilities or other experience that requires ensuring the quality of work delivered by other individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business
- Preferred: Certified Public Accountant
Tuesday, October 8, 2019