Financial Reporting Associate
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is proud to represent one of the fastest-growing real estate companies in Chicago! This is a team full of high energy, talented and collaborative professionals; many of whom our team has helped to get hired!
Exciting things to know:
- The company has experienced aggressive growth and has more than doubled its number of properties in the past 2 years.
- This is a new role due to growth!
- Just moved to a newly renovated office in the loop that has collaborative workspaces, private offices, and a huge cafeteria and gym onsite.
- Employees truly feel supported by the company and leadership.
- Exposure across the organization. Not uncommon for the CEO and other leadership to walk up to the desks of everyone.
- Strong benefits: health, dental, vision, life, 401k match
- Aggressive promotions and career path.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process.
- Contribute to the development of written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial information regarding performance.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within the accounting team as well as train coworkers.
- 2+ years of experience within an accounting firm with exposure to the real estate industry preferred.
- CPA or progress towards CPA preferred.
- Experience with Yardi is desired and strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. A creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and maintain a continuous improvement mentality.
- Committed to the personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
Friday, May 22, 2020