Operational Risk Analyst - Downtown office & no travel!
- Chicago, IL
An international financial service firm, with local headquarters in the heart of Chicago, IL is seeking to add an Operational Risk Analyst to their team!
This International, privately held, company prides itself on its internal collaboration and its exceptional, client-focused culture. The company advises on over $100 billion in assets and has doubled in size over the past five years. Regardless of their exceptional growth, access to senior leadership and a flat reporting structure is still highly prioritized.
The Operational Risk Analyst will be a crucial addition to the organization and will help management identify and manage practice-wide operational risks through performing risk assessments, facilitating third-party audits, conducting internal audits, monitoring compliance with policy and client commitments, and promoting best practices. This group plays an integral role in ensuring risks are understood, monitored, and mitigated appropriately.
- Develop an understanding of business area risks, processes, and internal control procedures.
- Assist with the external audit project timeline, to include on-site fieldwork performed by the company’s independent SOC 1 auditors.
- Work with internal process owners to obtain audit evidence in an organized and timely manner.
- Serve as a trusted partner between external auditors and business lines.
- Assist in the review of SOC 1 reports and recommendations associated with external audit.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business units, management, and clients.
- Analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assess operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established practice standards.
- Participate in root cause analysis, incident reporting, control strengthening, and corrective action activities based on the results of control design analysis and outcome of internal audit testing; including updating processes, training, monitoring, and other self-assurance activities.
- Promote and provide education to staff on company policies and best practices while also assisting with monitoring compliance with these policies.
- Partner with key stakeholders and assist with the facilitation of business continuity/disaster recovery initiatives, due diligence questionnaires, vendor risk management, and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with Lines of Business (LOB) to ensure connectivity and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems, or another relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management, or internal audit.
- Knowledge of the COSO framework; familiarity with other frameworks (e.g. COBIT) is a plus.
- Familiarity with SSAE 18 (SOC 1), SOC 2, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Audit-related certification (e.g. CIA, CRMA, CFSA, CCSA) attained or in progress is a plus.
Friday, November 8, 2019