Tax Manager-Largest Renewable Energy Provider
- Chicago, IL
Our client is an extremely innovative leader in sustainable energy solutions and they are seeking a skilled Tax Manager to join their team in downtown Chicago.
In this role, you'll manage a growing team, lead cross-functional initiatives, and assist in various tax compliance processes. You'll also be involved in preparing detailed analyses for complex transactions and various tax-related projects. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your skills and excel in your career, all while contributing to a cleaner energy future!
- Oversee and enhance the team’s work product, manage tax compliance requirements for 100+ filing entities.
- Perform detailed review of partnership workpapers, tax returns, and taxable income workpapers.
- Analyze complex transactions and provide insights to external tax service providers.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and year-end taxable income projections.
- Manage various projects and processes; coach and develop junior staff.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Review and assist junior staff in maintaining tax depreciation ledgers.
- Assist with tax audits and responses to notices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field; Master’s Degree in Taxation or CPA is a plus.
- 5+ years of progressive tax experience, particularly in partnership tax compliance and transactions.
- Ability to work with new rules and ambiguity to develop analysis and guidance on issues.
- Strong cross-functional project management skills.
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with software and system applications (Oracle, Excel, MS Word, Alteryx, etc.)
Monday, August 14, 2023