Assistant Controller - Global CPG
- Chicago, IL
A multi-national food & beverage company headquartered in Chicago is searching to add an Assistant Controller to their group! This is a name that everyone is familiar with and they are looking for ambitious professionals to be a part of their growing and collaborative team.
They are located in a premier Chicago building with all the amenities (including outdoor space) and working in a hybrid model. This company has the exciting feel of a startup with the backing (and great health benefits!) of a multinational company.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller include:
- Experience with internal control over financial reporting (SOX) in order to evaluate/maintain control environment
- Lead a team responsible for consolidation of financial results for North America and Europe and preparation of external financial statements, including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statements of Cash Flows and Statements of Shareholder's Equity
- Lead a team responsible for completion of technical accounting areas within the Corporate segment including the following: hedge accounting, accounting for special compensation and benefit arrangements, including share-based compensation and pension accounting, accounting for unique technical accounting areas as they arise
- Own the global consolidation and close process and related reporting
- Proactively perform account fluctuation analysis, reconciliations, ad-hoc analysis, and management reporting
- Drive continued efficiency and simplification across Finance processes and provide critical direction and input to the development and design of new standalone systems
- Support required financial (internal or external) audits and be the lead responsible for management of the external audit
- Hire, develop, and retain top-tier finance professionals through thought leadership, timely feedback and mentoring, as well as appropriate coaching and mentoring.
- Undergraduate university degree: graduate degree (MS/MA/MBA) preferred, CPA required.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including oversight of a medium to large team with a large corporate setting.
- Experience with CPG or global, matrixed manufacturing organization is a plus. Experience developing or growing a team is preferred.
- Hands on, collaborative, proactive, transparent, urgent and able to deal with ambiguity
- Overall demonstration of advisory capabilities, supported by a solid understanding of the business, external labor market, competitive landscape, and data analytics. Previous agency or search firm experience is also relevant and will be considered.
- Experience in financial and management reporting, consolidation, technical accounting, SEC reporting and systems deployment experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including internal controls and reporting skills
- Supervisory experience with a medium to large Controllership team including performance management, training, and development.
- Overall analytical skills and reasoning abilities will characterize the most distinguished candidates
Friday, July 29, 2022
170,000 - 200,000