- Chicago, IL
Senior Accountant at a Groundbreaking Food Tech Company in Chicago!
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Senior Accountant to join a fast-growing team in Chicago, IL. They are a Food Technology company that has developed innovative fermentation technology that produces a sustainable source of complete protein while using a fraction of the resources required by traditional agriculture. Their mission is simple: create amazing foods and materials that offer sustainable choices while nurturing the planet.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Implement improvements in the analysis, reporting, and management of production and capital expenditure costing.
- Compile and review comprehensive financial reports with in-depth analysis for management and investors.
- Support CapEx project execution teams by maintaining and reporting on budget progress.
- Enhance the scale, accuracy, and timeliness of information by building on existing infrastructure in core accounting operations.
- Assist in the implementation of technology solutions to improve efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness across integrated functions.
- Collaborate closely with FP&A to analyze financial results, including cash flow, balance sheet, budget management, and variance analysis, to drive informed decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience in the CPG or manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Extensive understanding of GAAP and other accounting principles and regulations.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with startup or high-growth companies preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunity to join a company with an aggressive growth trajectory that is revolutionizing multiple industries.
- Engaging and dynamic work culture full of innovation and collaboration.
Tuesday, July 25, 2023