Senior Technical Accountant
- Chicago, IL
Chicago Loop Eco-company is looking to add a new Senior Technical Accountant to the team!
This company is a leader in sustainability and uses green solutions to meet the world's ever-growing energy and utility demands through a network of 1000+ sites. Serving tens of millions of customers, they show no signs of slowing down.
The Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting will be a key member of the accounting organization.
- Responsible for researching accounting rules and regulations to resolve and document the accounting and reporting for routine and complex technical issues
- Specific technical areas may include ASC 815 and ASC 820 (accounting for derivatives & hedging, fair value accounting)
- Accounting and reporting the accounting activity related to the company’s financial instruments (interest rate swap contracts, commodity hedges, etc.)
- Assists with the implementation of new accounting standards including working with various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Support development and maintenance of the Company’s accounting policies on the interpretation and application of accounting principles
- Participate in the Sarbanes-Oxley control testing, including the maintenance and updating of the controls tested, developing and implementing testing plans, and testing controls
- Work with various levels of members of Finance teams and internal control owners to identify issues, present recommendations including opportunities to strengthen internal controls as well to improve operational efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant, progressive experience.
- Public accounting (Big 4) or public company accounting experience, preferred.
- General understanding of US GAAP, SEC regulations, Technical Accounting Policy and Research
Sunday, November 15, 2020