Senior Internal Auditor-Mission & Values Driven Company
- Chicago, IL
Our client is a well-known academic medical center that has been leading the way in developing innovative and often life-saving treatments. They are currently looking for a Senior Auditor who thinks outside the box, has strong critical thinking skills, mission and values driven, and passionate about what they do! They are offering very strong and affordable benefits, high visibility to leadership, a very approachable and experienced leadership team, and a flexible hybrid schedule!
Check out the job responsibilities below to learn more about the position.
- Plan and complete various audit and consulting engagements independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Document and assess internal controls and related risks.
- Present audit findings to management.
- Write concise Internal Audit Reports that summarize results and recommendations for improvements.
- Perform follow-up reviews to ensure internal audit recommendations are implemented.
- Maintain audit files in accordance with the Internal Audit Standards.
- Provide direction to Staff Auditors in completion of audits and audit techniques.
- Assist external auditors as necessary.
- Comply with IIA Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years previous audit experience is required; public accounting and/or healthcare experience is preferred.
- Proficient at identifying risks and assessing internal controls.
- Ability to develop work programs that cover identified audit objectives, risks and controls.
- Ability to draw upon experience to provide direction and mentorship to less experienced Internal Audit staff.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Positive interpersonal skills for interacting and presenting to all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to initiate and complete complex audit assignments timely and with limited management supervision; propose solutions to challenges for Management to evaluate.
- Possess industry knowledge and business acumen to develop recommendations to mitigate risk and improve control efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to identify opportunities to extend audit reach and efficiency through data analytics.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly here!
Friday, May 12, 2023