Accounting Associate, Property Accounting
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is energized to be helping one of our favorite Chicago-based REITs add to their growing accounting team.
Things to get excited about:
- The company has gone from 5,000 properties to 13,000+ properties in 2 years. Aggressive growth.
- The people on this team are inspiring. All are coming out of public accounting and are collaborative, genuine, and very friendly with one another. They frequently have team outings, play intramural sports, go out for drinks or dinner, run 5ks together, etc. They have a great time together inside and outside of the office. Also, the entire company starting with the CEO has a strong emphasis on personal and professional development.
- This position is open because someone moved into a 100% analytical role, which could happen to someone else as well. They want this person to mentor/train/supervisor 3 staff members, and will be the go-to person when the Director is out or not available. They are grooming this person to step up quickly!!
- Just moved to a newly renovated office in the loop that has collaborative workspaces, private offices, and a huge cafeteria. Gym and onsite.
- Employees truly feel supported by the company and leadership.
- Exposure across the organization. Not uncommon for the CEO and other leadership to walk up to the desks of everyone.
- Strong benefits: health, dental, vision, life, 401k match
- 4 promotions on this team in the last couple of months. Aggressive promotions and career path.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and period-end closing duties including preparation and review of entries and reconciliations. Areas of focus would include general accruals, preparation of lender-based reporting, and other areas.
- Assist in coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Property Accounting.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- Provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- 1-2 years of experience within an accounting firm or company with exposure to the real estate industry, asset management, or private equity-backed companies preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA
- Experience with Yardi is desired and strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Committed to personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019