Senior Internal Auditor
- Downers Grove, IL
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for facilitating the organization’s global risk management approach by participating in or leading audit projects in support of the annual audit plan and management’s requests. The Senior Internal Auditor generally assists with the execution of all phases (planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up) of internal audit projects, including assurance and advisory services. The Senior Internal Auditor participates in the execution of financial, operational, SOX 404, and ad-hoc projects.
As a team, Internal Audit is responsible for assessing internal controls over financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations, the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and safeguarding of company assets. Internal Audit is responsible for identifying opportunities for operational and control improvements to mitigate risk and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes across the company’s global businesses.
The Internal Audit strategy is focused on being a talent pool for the organization, optimizing and evolving service delivery methodology and offerings, and building productive stakeholder relationships within and outside the organization.
- Scope, perform, and lead audit projects and the related project teams, facilitating quality and timeliness and ensuring the business has been improved/strengthened
- Purposefully develop the Staff’s technical, intangible, and soft skills/abilities
- In conjunction with the Managers and Directors, perform risk assessment activities throughout the year via ongoing analysis, maintaining relationships with key members of management, and staying close to what is going on in the industry and the business
- Partner with Management to effectively communicate and resolve identified issues
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with members of management and our independent auditors
- Prepare audit reports of findings and recommendations to Management
- Provide thought leadership to all we do to continuously move the Department forward
- Perform other related duties as required or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance from a fully accredited four-year institution is required
- 3-6 years audit experience (preferably with the Big 4 or national/regional CPA firm and/or similar experience in corporate Internal Audit)
- CIA and/or CPA (or willing to obtain one in the near future)
- Experience at the Senior Internal Auditor level
- Experience leading assurance and advisory services
- Experience operating in fast-paced, high change, complex environments
- General understanding of professional audit standards, COSO, and GAAP
- Experience performing data analysis/analytics, Alteryx experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including international
- Experience with SAP a plus
Friday, October 28, 2022