- Chicago, IL
A multinational digital media company is looking to hire a Tax Analyst to their team! The role will be located in their Chicago Loop headquarters and will provide high levels of exposure to Senior Leadership. This is a diverse role spanning federal, state, local, and even international tax issues. You will support tax planning and research, including provisions, as well as domestic tax compliance.
- Coordinate with other tax department members to support broad range of sales/use and property tax issues including compiling data for tax compliance, analyzing data for completeness and transmitting the data to the compliance outsourcer in order to file the companies returns in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance for all divisions in the handling of their various tax-related transactions including their sales of products and services to customers, purchases or various items etc.
- Verify the accuracy of the general ledger sales and property tax accounts, prepare monthly tax journal entries and reconcile the tax accounts for changes in activity and recommend true-up as necessary.
- Assist with the management of customer exemption certificate’s including reviewing for completeness, making the determination if the certificate supports the tax exemption being applied and applying the exemption to customer’s account when accepted.
- Assist with tax audits, including gathering of data to present to tax jurisdiction auditors, communicating with company business units to understand various types of transactions, and support incoming inquiries from tax auditors.
- Research and document various tax issues associated with the print and logistics business lines and maintain company tax systems to keep within compliance and updated for changes to tax laws and policies.
Thursday, November 7, 2019