Senior Tax Analyst
- Chicago, IL
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you would, under guidance, lead or perform complex tax transactional tasks and resolve a range of problems in tax accounting, reporting, planning, audits, research and/or compliance to ensure actions are completed to appropriate service levels or defined procedures.
- Prepares or reviews complex tax returns and supporting workpapers, estimated tax payments and various other tax compliance.
- Prepares or reviews quarterly tax provisions, including reports to management and the external auditor, account reconciliations, tax basis balance sheet support, and execution of internal controls.
- Supports company tax audits, responses to tax notices, and timely resolution of other tax controversy matters.
- Performs technical research to address complex tax issues, including planning opportunities.
- Provides other tax support, which may include analyses of pending legislation, preparation of required transfer pricing documentation and reporting, and implementation of legislative changes.
- Analyzes processes and recommends improvements in the immediate area of responsibility.
- Monitors legislative and organization developments related to the selected functions.
- May manage or supervise selected functions, including planning, implementation, scheduling, and timely completion.
- Analyze processes and recommend improvements in the immediate area of responsibility.
- Participate in local projects or initiatives, evaluates potential impact on local reporting units, performs local implementation of changes.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years in Corporate Tax, with knowledge of income tax
- Statutory accounting knowledge
- Insurance industry experience
- Strong prioritization skills and organization skills
Wednesday, November 22, 2023