Senior Internal Auditor - Leading Chicagoland Workplace!
- Elmhurst, IL
A leading Chicago workplace that has won numerous awards for being a phenomenal place to work is looking to expand its Financial Audit team!
The Senior Financial Auditor will support the company’s overall risk and compliance objectives.
The company takes excellent care of its employees through top-notch health benefits, education assistance/leadership development programs, and 401k savings programs, along with additional perks like financial wellness courses, legal services, and flexible spending accounts!
- Create audit objectives and procedures for scheduled audits and reviews.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct audits, internal control evaluations, and reviews as scheduled in the annual Audit Program.
- Prepare neat, well organized, and documented work papers and report drafts/memorandums in accordance with Internal Audit Standards.
- Perform investigations of suspected fraud or misappropriations, assist in due diligence reviews of proposed affiliations, mergers, and acquisitions, and complete special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the external audit financial statement internal control and substantive testing, completing assignments timely and in accordance with audit programs.
- Provide technical accounting, financial, operational, information technology, policy, and compliance audit support to the IA Department through information sharing and training.
- Supervise, as applicable, and mentor Staff Internal Auditors. Review work papers, as assigned, to ensure conformance with professional and Internal Audit Standards.
- Assist in the coordination of the external auditor's financial statement internal control and substantive testing.
- Participate in department quality assurance efforts by planning weekly activities, reporting work in process, and completing administrative assignments in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations for quality and audit process improvements.
- Participate in the development of the Audit Program by preparing risk assessments for potential future financial, operational, information technology, policy, and compliance audits for consideration in the annual Audit Program.
- Participate in writing the quarterly Internal Audit Report by summarizing selected risk-rated audit findings identified in audits and reviews and providing information as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4+ years’ experience in Internal Audit and/or Accounting experience or 4+ years public accounting experience required.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, or equivalent certification required.
- Proficient knowledge of the COSO Internal Control Framework and International Professional Standards of Internal Auditing PC software proficiency.
- 10-15% travel to local sites required (the team is not traveling currently due to COVID).
Friday, March 5, 2021