The Accounting Associate will support the accounting needs of the organization. You’ll assist the Financial Close team in preparing recurring monthly, quarterly, and annual journals in accordance with the period-end close of the Company, as well as ad-hoc projects, as required. You’ll also assist in the performance of various other activities throughout the month to ensure transactions are recorded timely and completely. You bring hands-on experience and passion to define and contribute to the team’s accounting experience. You are knowledgeable about accounting and reporting practices.
• Weekly, monthly, and period-end closing duties including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations as required.
• Assist in the coordination and support of third-party auditors.
• Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Internal Audit.
• Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
• Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
• Analyze and interpret operating and financial performance information.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Some Microsoft Excel skills are required.
• Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. A creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and maintain a continuous improvement mentality.
• Committed to the personal and professional development of self and colleagues.