Senior Internal Auditor
- Chicago, IL
Our team is partnered with a top healthcare leader in the region, known for their exceptional patient care, innovative medical research, and highly ranked education programs. They are looking to add a Senior Auditor to their team!
This is a senior-level role that will be a leader to Staff Auditors on the team, initiate & complete complex audit assignments, propose solutions and opportunities for improvement, etc. Audits include both financial & operational, and nuances within scope of work create opportunities for investigation and discovery, resulting in interesting audit projects.
- Plan and complete various audit and consulting engagements independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Document and assess internal controls and related risks.
- Present audit findings to management.
- Write concise Internal Audit Reports that summarize results and recommendations for improvements.
- Perform follow-up reviews to ensure internal audit recommendations are implemented.
- Maintain audit files in accordance with Internal Audit Standards.
- Provide direction to Staff Auditors in completion of audits and audit techniques.
- Assist external auditors as necessary.
- Comply with IIA Standards and Code of Ethics.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required.
- A minimum of 3 years previous audit experience is required. Public accounting and/or healthcare experience is preferred.
- Proficient at identifying risks and assessing internal controls.
- Ability to develop work programs that cover identified audit objectives, risks and controls.
- Ability to draw upon experience to provide direction and mentorship to less experienced Internal Audit staff.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Positive interpersonal skills for interacting and presenting to all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to initiate and complete complex audit assignments timely and with limited management supervision. Proposes solutions to challenges for Management to evaluate.
- Possess the industry knowledge and business acumen to develop recommendations to mitigate risk and improve control efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to identify opportunities to extend audit reach and efficiency through data analytics.
- Hybrid work schedule - Tuesdays and Wednesdays in office. Flexibility outside of that as needed.
- 40 hour work week
- Very strong and inexpensive health benefits
- Company-funded pension plan
- High exposure to CFO, CEO, other leadership members
- Director is a very friendly, approachable, understanding leader
- Team gathers for happy hours, team building, etc.
- Audit team has a ton of findings - lots of fun, diverse, challenging work
- Be a creator and changer - not just someone who checks boxes
Monday, May 8, 2023