Director of Sales
- Detroit, MI
Director of Foodservice Sales
The Sales Director of Foodservice Sales is a direct sales and supervisor management and leadership position over the midwest territory. The responsibility for this role includes the management of a group of existing top-tier customers and the development of those customer relationships. This position will be responsible for branded sales growth across their existing business while developing new relationships with potential partners and consumers in the Midwest region. This leadership sales position is also responsible for directing all other sales-related responsibilities including the overall sales process, direct sales presentations, management of the sales team, broker management, customer business reviews, and cultivating new partners in order to grow the company’s sales.
- Provide input on developing the sales strategy including goals for volume, selling price, revenue, product mix, market share, establishing a budget to control spending, and contributing input to the planning process.
- Product expert and brand ambassador to the sales team and customers.
- Create strategic solutions and lead the mid-west sales team to develop branded customers into strategic partners
- Responsible for assisting in the forecast of sales volume for the organization
- Working with the sales team to develop customer programs and plans to accomplish the sales goals for the organization.
- Responsible for the sales standards, aligning with supply chain initiatives, directing any broker management process, and seeking development of selling techniques.
- Utilize and maintain the customer database as a tool for accurate account information and communication of weekly account updates and upcoming meetings.
- Participation in weekly team calls focused on key customers and areas of growth across all distributor partners and customers.
- Continuously improve skills by participating in training classes and seminars.
- Train and establish goals for the sales team
- Based in the mid-west and willing to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years of previous sales and food experience
- Experience in traditional and specialty foodservice channels
- Experience in the meat and/or pork industry across both fresh and processed is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Thursday, March 9, 2023