Senior Corporate Accountant - Loop location!
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a global financial service firm located in Chicago’s loop is seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant!
This firm specializes in serving the most sophisticated clients in the investment management, fund administration, and banking space by way of their exceptional employee base and highly strategic technology.
Things to get excited about:
- Full dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401k contributions on day 1. Match on day 90.
- Pension Plan contribution.
- Alternate work options (work from home a couple of days a week after 90 days)
- 20 PTO days, and all banking holidays
- Family programs: including adoption assistance, Maternity leave, paternity leave, child development center on-site, School visitation time
- Tuition Reimbursement ($12,000 per year)
- Onsite gym and gym discounts across the city
- Legal assistance, counseling, and other professional services
- Responsible for the consolidation and analysis of monthly financial results.
- Prepares and reviews periodic financial statements on a consolidated basis.
- Responsible for specialized accounting areas within Corporate financial reporting (such as derivative accounting, Basel reporting, equity based compensation).
- Assists in the preparation, completion, and documentation of all relevant SEC and other regulatory reporting.
- Responsible for the setup and accounting for complex multi-tier investment entities.
- Acts as a key contact for various internal and external partners with the ability to communicate succinctly and interpret financial results in non-technical accounting terms to business leaders.
- Recommend and implements process improvements identified in day to day work.
- Perform various analyses to assess the impact of financial strategies on the financial position and operating results of the organization.
- Research and resolves complex accounting transactions and reporting issues, where some expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
- Work with various internal and external partners on cross-function processes or projects providing analytical and procedurally represent the team.
- May work closely with senior management on due diligence needed for acquisitions of companies or portfolios.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all financial reporting systems and demonstrate the ability and desire to share knowledge in the form of training to lower-level staff
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills in preparing financial reports
- Ability to research, resolve and communicate complex accounting or reporting issues as they arise is a requirement
- Ability to complete complex accounting and analytical activities and projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines by multi-tasking and prioritizing various assigned deliverables.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019