Internal Auditor - Operational Risk-Based Audit
- Chicago, IL
An international financial service firm, with local headquarters in the heart of Chicago, IL is seeking an Internal Auditor to focus on risk-based operational audits for the organization!
This International, privately-held company prides itself on its internal collaboration and its exceptional, client-focused culture. The company advises on over $100 billion in assets and has doubled in size over the past five years. Regardless of their outstanding growth, access to senior leadership and a flat reporting structure is still highly prioritized.
The Internal Auditor will be a crucial addition to an Internal Audit team in growth mode, as this role will help to develop risk-based audit processes and procedures under the guidance of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Effectively prepare a well-developed risk-based audit approach in accordance with professional and industry standards, as well as applicable regulatory frameworks.
- Prepare audit planning documentation, conduct walkthroughs, and assess the internal control environment through control and substantive testing.
- Ability to evaluate the adequacy of design and effectiveness of key controls and potential business concerns by analyzing relevant documentation and asking insightful questions to identify root causes and drawing the appropriate conclusions.
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, determine “root causes” and make recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare effective audit reports summarizing audit activities, and value-added recommendations.
- Effectively present/communicate observations to management, both verbally and in written form.
- Follow-up on open audit issues and work with management to ensure appropriate resolution and closure.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, or related degree
- 4+ years of risk-focused internal audit experience, with a strong ability to understand and review risks and controls within business processes in an integrated fashion.
- A professional designation is highly preferred including CIA, CISA, or CPA.
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles and an understanding of relevant standards like COSO and COBIT.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze business risks, understand and describe process flows, strengths, and weaknesses, and develop creative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, business applications, and related controls is desirable.
- Proven ability to design and execute audit plans, procedures and testing for control compliance and core operational audits.
- Experience assessing the adequacy of the internal control environments through the identification of inherent risks in the business and key controls designed to mitigate those risks.
- Proven experience working cooperatively in a team environment with the ability to build collaborative relationships.
Friday, May 10, 2019