Senior Auditor - Fortune 1000!
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is ecstatic to partner with a Fortune 1000, global manufacturer to hire a Senior Internal Auditor to their magnetic Audit team in the Chicago loop.
This company creates a wealth of products you can feel good about. From life-saving rescue tools and health/safety technologies to many of the products used in your most common everyday activities, they are a leader in creating products that touch lives.
Things to get excited about:
- Publicly Held Company: Growing organically and through acquisition
- Beautiful Loop office where Tax, Accounting, Finance, and Audit sit
- Seniors have the opportunity to lead audits: Planning, Reporting, and Execution
- 40+ audits a year, this role will be responsible for 14
- CPA reimbursement
- 30-40% travel to domestic and international locations servicing their 80 business units. International travel is to Western Europe, Germany, and China primarily and auditors travel as a team.
The Senior Internal Auditor takes the lead in performing scheduled and requested audits for a variety of business, operational and financial functions of the corporation at the business unit and corporate levels. The senior internal auditor position allows for excellent exposure and growth within the organization.
- Perform Financial, SOx, and Operational Audits
- Participate in planning meetings with internal management and the external audit firm to identify areas of concern and emerging trends and to determine the extent of reviews/audits.
- Evaluate and examine accounting policies and procedures/systems in place at the corporate office and business unit sites.
- Understand risks and controls in relation to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) financial reporting processes, business operations or other areas requiring audit assistance. Design and develop controls/processes which mitigate and/or remediate gaps identified.
- Examine, analyze and interpret accounting records to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with GAAP, laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Document work performed, and present findings identified.
- Report results and make recommendations to management at the corporate office and business unit sites
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Follow up on the progress of the implementation of recommendations and directions to the management of the corporate office and business unit sites.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Attend training, seminars, and workshops as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- 2+ years audit experience with large public accounting firm; Big 4 experience a plus and audit experience in manufacturing preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification is a plus or must be willing to work towards obtaining a relevant certification
- Available to travel up to 40% of the time, both domestically and internationally
- Foreign language skills are a plus (i.e., German, French, Chinese, Italian, Korean, Japanese, etc.)
Wednesday, October 14, 2020