Financial Analyst & Global Fixed Asset Accountant
- Long Grove, IL
In this role, you will be part of the global accounting and finance team that provides senior level management with insightful business analysis, monitoring of capital expenditures. You will also partner closely with several Accounting and Finance leaders across the globe. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to help the business achieve strong, profitable growth and review/assess accuracy of data and assumptions used to develop capital request forms as well as monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recording of fixed assets. The role involves working with large and complex data in a global manufacturing environment to identify trends and help make profitable decisions.
- Help lead, track, and analyze gross margin/profit on major customers and specific product lines. Provide detailed explanations for margin variances to budget/forecast, and product proposals.
- Analyze gross margin by customer and product group compared to budge/forecast expectation.
- Assist in annual budgeting process.
- Assist in the development of a global capital expenditure reporting and analysis format
- Review assumptions used when developing capital request forms to ensure that they are accurate and payback period/IRR rates calculated are obtainable
- Ensure fixed assets are properly accounted for by monitoring the end-to-end process including classification, useful life, acquisitions, transfers, depreciation, disposals, and reporting
- Monitor and report on CIP (Construction in Progress) and work with global locations to ensure timely capitalization of projects.
- Assist with other ad hoc/special projects as requested
- Possess strong MS Office skill set, especially within Excel.
- Analytical, self-motivated, able to work alone or within a team in a fast pace, global environment.
- Requires ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- B.S. Accounting or Finance
Friday, October 28, 2022