Senior Internal Auditor (SOX)
- North Chicago, IL
A global healthcare leader in the North Chicago suburbs is seeking a Senior Auditor. We are looking for an experienced, high caliber Senior Auditor to assess effec financial and compliance-related business processes and controls at domestic and international locations. Identify the most effective and efficient approach risks and continually evaluate the effectiveness of processes in place. Promote the process of continuous monitoring of controls and risk management, and partner with management to develop potential solutions for issues identified. Exercise judgment in planning and organizing work. Perform special assignment and projects as needed.
- Perform audit procedures of financial and compliance related business processes and controls.
- Review internal control documentation, perform walk-throughs of key processes, perform tests of key controls to ensure they are effectively evaluating deficiencies identified during testing.
- Perform other business process and compliance projects included in the Internal Audit Plan.
- Create clear and accurate documentation of financial, business and compliance processes and controls as well as test results and conclusions.
- Develop audit programs including steps to test effectiveness of controls in place to address risks.
- Report (orally and in writing) on the results of work performed including recommendations for deficiencies identified.
- Establish positive working relationships with management.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, assignments.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- 2+ years public accounting or audit experience with large company (including 1+ years in-charging audits).
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and audit experience in testing SOX related processes and controls.
- 2+ years project management experience including the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 35%, including internationally.
- CPA designation or other certification (CISA, CIA, CMA) strongly desired.
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience highly preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred. Big 4 experience preferred.
Thursday, March 9, 2023