Internal Controls Senior - Fortune 100!
- Glenview, IL
A household name that champions the well-being of is employees and customers is hiring an Internal Controls Senior to their team!
Headquartered in the suburbs of Chicago, they have a presence in more than 25 countries around the world and show no signs of slowing down.
The role sits on a fast-paced team that is looked to as subject matter experts and trusted advisors to the businesses around them. In this position, you will be highly visible to senior leadership and will have your hands on key business processes and internal controls organization-wide!
Things to get excited about:
- Strong compensation packages
- 1-2 WFH days a week
- There is a ton of room for growth and advancement on this team and outside of it
- Great exposure to various departments and a lot of visibility into the company
- Great team that is highly regarded - other groups see them as consultants/experts and come to them for answers/ideas
- Very charitable organization
- Assists with updating process documentation, including review and validation of key business processes and internal controls within the business line to ensure consistency with other divisions. Performs periodic quality reviews and liaisons with business owners to update documentation accordingly.
- Manages internal control testing plans across the business and IT processes. Ensures testing plans are executed within the agreed-upon timeline and updated to reflect issues identified during testing. Establishes additional controls as remediation.
- Leads sessions to discuss testing procedures and findings with process owners. Partners with the process owners to develop remediation plans to address internal control deficiencies and failures arising from the testing process. Oversees the implementation of identified remediation tactics.
- Monitors processes to ensure changes impacting financial/regulatory reporting are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Provides progress updates to Financial Controls Managers and Director on process documentation status, control testing, and deficiency remediation.
- Assists with the quarterly SOX certification and other monthly certification exercise and provides updates to senior management on the status. Participates as needed to interview process owners and leaders in the Divisional functions to ensure that all certification qualifications are assessed and addressed accordingly.
- As appropriate, assists the Financial Controls Managers and Director with other key audit priorities, including risk assessment, deficiency evaluations, certifications, and Letter of Representation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years Internal Controls or Internal Audit experience required, public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation, testing, and assessment.
- Experience with evaluating internal controls including walkthroughs, evidence testing, IPC/IUC testing, and documenting testing in a workpaper.
- Master’s degree and/or advanced qualifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) a plus.
Friday, August 7, 2020