Tax Manager - Federal Income Tax Compliance
- Northbrook, IL
This Fortune 500 company that we all know and love is hiring a Manager, Tax - Federal Income Tax Compliance! Strong compensation packages and a brand name that you'll be proud to work for. The company is very charitable locally and across the globe, and they give back to their employees in many ways.
- Manages the tax process and implements short and long-term tax savings strategies by collaborating with the various tax functions.
- Partners with planning function to provide support and development of new processes for planning projects.
- Develops staff by explaining complex tax concepts and procedures, documentation and presentation requirements, research and writing techniques, business transactions, and tax minimization and audit defense strategy.
- Support audit function by analyzing and reviewing information requests and collaborating in the resolution of audit issues.
- Participates in divisional and company-wide projects and programs to develop engagement for division-wide and company-wide initiatives.
- Manages the preparation of tax filings which minimize overall tax liability to the Company and continually develops tax improvements to minimize tax liability.
- Upon acquisition, implements processes with acquired company’s management to integrate processes.
- Partners and collaborates in the tax audit defense process.
- Partners and collaborates in the development and execution of tax strategies that reduces overall tax costs/burdens to the Company.
- Collaborates with Finance and Accounting on tax and accounting issues impacting the Company’s financials.
- May develop, mentor, coach and manage staff ensuring the development of employees through orientation, training, establishing objectives, communication of rules, and constructive discipline; builds employee morale, motivation and loyalty.
- Proactively recommends changes in tax procedures, tax methodology and/or tax calculations to tax teams.
- Monitors tax legislation and provides advice on tax issues. Conducts research of applicable tax laws in order to resolve complex tax issues and resolves tax issues and develops best practices for team to implement.
- Manages consulting relationships by identifying consultants for projects, developing scope and fees for task order and managing project deliverables by consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm
- Experience with technical tax laws, regulations and interpreting tax laws.
- Experience supporting the execution of tax strategy based on the key objectives and goals of the Company.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Monday, March 16, 2020
$100,000 to $125,000