Senior Accountant, Inventory
- Chicago, IL
A $1B Global Media firm is hiring a Senior Accountant focused on Inventory Accounting! This person is responsible for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling of fiscal information in compliance with established policies.
Things to get excited about:
- A collaborative, young team with hands-on management
- Clients include: Google, Levi's, Jim Bean, Nestle, and many more
- Flexible hybrid schedule with an easily accessible Loop office
- Super acquisitive company
- This Controller loves to promote from within and quickly
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close, inventory valuation, inventory reserves, and cost of goods sold to variance analysis.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Ensure various aspects of the company’s inventory accounting (purchase price variances, valuation, bill and hold, etc.) are complete and accurate.
- Partner with Operations, IT, and client teams to develop and implement value-add reporting and analysis for inventory clients.
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Compile a wide variety of financial information for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information.
- Inform managers and employees of accounting procedural requirements for the purpose of facilitating financial compliance within established practices.
- Plan and coordinate annual physical inventory results.
- Design and implement a new warehouse management system and engage in inventory-related finance transformation.
- Experience with inventory costing and physical inventory counts.
- 2+ years of experience in Big 4 accounting firm or public company focused on manufacturing or distribution industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office, highly proficient in Excelcel.
Tuesday, January 31, 2023