- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search continues to be the exclusive recruiting partner for a well known international financial services firm with a headquarters here in Chicago. This is an audit team that we have helped hire over 25 people for, and only one person has ever quit the team for another company (many rotate into the organization) and that person relocated. Their strategy of retaining their employees is simple: provide challenging work that keeps the team learning and motivated, appreciate the work the team is doing, respect the team’s life outside of work, and present plenty of options to progress ones career.
Even before COVID, this team offered work from home opportunities and even though they haven’t made an announcement on returning to the office, they have made it clear that they will not go back to 5 days in the office.
There are too many exciting aspects to share about the team, role, leadership, and company in a job post, so if you have an interest in learning more please apply.
- Perform audit testing under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager and/or Senior
- Assist in conducting risk assessments and walkthroughs of assigned department or functional areas in established/required timelines
- Conduct audit testing of specified areas and identify reportable issues and the relevant risks
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Collaborate directly with clients, identify and address client needs through establishment of solid relationships with clients; understand the client's business; and actively participate in client discussions and meetings
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts
- Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships (assisting other project teams when necessary), sharing information, and accepting/providing feedback
- Work closely with management to promptly resolve any concerns that may arise while building trust. Serve as a business advisor and partner to internal clients by providing the business unit and senior management with advice related to business issues and controls
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth by assuming progressively more challenging assignments (in-line with standard audit career progression), proactively seeking relevant education and training opportunities, and expanding professional network
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- 2-7 years of public accounting or internal audit experience
- Relevant certification such as CPA, CIA preferred
- Ability to effectively operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage shifting priorities and manage time
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
Thursday, May 27, 2021