Director of Foodservice Sales
- Denver, CO, United States
We are partnering with an incredible premium meat, vertically integrated, manufacturer that is family owned and fully committed to sustainability. This is a newly created position, due to growth, that will be a strategic sales leader in the Midwest.
This is the ideal role for someone that has an entrepreneurial spirit, the desire to build and is looking to be innovative with new ideas. The role offers an amazing career path, intense product training through a culinary lens, and the ability to develop a growing market.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- With the VP of Sales & Marketing, you will provide input on developing the sales plan strategy for the mid-west sales team including: goals for volume, selling price, revenue, product mix, market share and overall P&L, establishing a budget to control spending, and contributing meaningful input to the fiscal planning process.
- Will act as a technical, product expert and brand ambassador to the mid-west sales team and our customers.
- Lead the mid-west sales team to develop branded customers into partners by developing strategic solutions to business issues that face the customer, to service their needs and create and strengthen partnerships.
- Responsible for helping with the forecast of sales volume for the total organization and driving production plans across both the fresh and processed operation teams. Working with sales team to develop customer programs and plans to accomplish the sales goals for the organization.
- Responsible for the sales standards, clear communication with customer service, aligning with supply chain initiatives, directing any broker management process, delivery of the brand story, collaborating with marketing and associated support programs for continuous improvement of selling techniques utilizing fact based selling.
- Provide sales/customer insights to the Niman Ranch and Panorama Organic Beef teams to successfully close sales at existing and/or new accounts. VP of Sales & Marketing will provide clear direction on these initiatives to ensure success.
- Utilize and maintain the customer database as a tool for accurate account information, communicating weekly account updates and upcoming meetings. Actively participating in weekly team calls focused on key customers and areas of growth across all distributor partners and customers.
- Continuously improve skills by participating in training classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan. These training opportunities will be a combination of both internal Perdue Corporate leadership and development programs accompanied by select external opportunities.
- Train, establish goals, accountabilities and career development of any sales team members and/or broker partner across the team.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Sales & Marketing or related field, plus 8-10 years of previous experience. 10+ years is preferred.
- Experience in traditional and specialty foodservice channels is required.
- Experience in the meat and/or pork industry across both fresh and processed is required.
This person must be based regionally in the mid-west and willing to travel extensively. The ideal candidate will be based in either Chicago, Detroit or Minneapolis. A car allowance is included with position.
Friday, March 10, 2023