Project Accountant - Chicago Loop!
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is working with a global leader in sustainability and uses green solutions to meet the world's ever-growing energy and utility demands through a network of 1000+ sites. They are serving tens of millions of customers, they show no signs of slowing down. The company is searching for a Project Accountant to join their team!
- Prepare and review financial statements, including all monthly journal entries, to verify account balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Prepare project account reconciliation workbooks to support balance sheet and income statement balances and activity.
- Ensure accuracy of all general ledger information for the entire chart of accounts for all projects for which you would be responsible
- Support Asset Managers and Portfolio Finance Managers to maintain compliance with project debt and equity agreements.
- Assist with annual audit work papers and audit report preparation.
- Coordinate project treasury, banking, and cash flow analysis.
- Coordinate and take ownership of project issues with Asset Managers, Project Managers and Finance professionals.
- Assist Asset Managers in annual project budgeting process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience or relevant accounting internship experience, an interest in renewables or energy preferred
- Basic knowledge of GAAP is required, with desire to learn more
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, experience with Workiva/Wdesk product and/or Oracle Fusion recommended
- Team player who is able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, detail oriented with ability to self-review
- CPA preferred but not required
Tuesday, July 25, 2023