Manager, International Tax
- Chicago, IL
Chicago Loop Eco-company is looking to add a new International Tax Manager to the team!
This company is a leader in sustainability and uses green solutions to meet the world's ever-growing energy and utility demands through a network of 1000+ sites. Serving tens of millions of customers, they show no signs of slowing down. The Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting will be a key member of the accounting organization.
Manager, International Tax
The International Tax Manager will play a key the company’s international tax footprint.
Manages and executes international tax strategies in order to reduce the Company’s overall tax burden and risk through researching complex tax issues that impact profitability, ensuring compliance with tax laws, analyzing tax legislation, and defending the company’s tax position Helps to ensure that international tax planning initiatives are properly incorporated into the international tax compliance process. Assists in driving process improvement opportunities for international tax function. Supports acquisition team focusing on due diligence and integration. Serves on a cross-functional team, providing technical knowledge and advice to team members.Addresses technical issues through utilizing specialized tax and accounting skills and recommends solutions.
- Monitors legislative developments related to international operations.
- Assists in the development of a strategy to administer the international tax filing and compliance process and automation of the overall project.
- Manages the US international tax filing and compliance process to ensure accurate and timely filed tax returns.
- Oversees the completion of the international tax forms part of the consolidated Tax return (i.e., Forms 5471, 8858s, 8865s and 1118s) to ensure full compliance with US tax law, including Subpart F, foreign tax credits, earnings profits calculations and transfer pricing.
- Assists with the review of the annual and quarterly tax provision related to foreign operations including of the foreign tax credit calculations.
- Oversees the preparation and review of disclosure statements and elections related to international acquisitions, restructurings and tax planning.
- Assists with transfer pricing documentation.
- Develops, mentors, coaches and manages staff ensuring the development of employees through orientation, training, establishing objectives, communication of rules, and constructive discipline; builds employee morale, motivation loyalty.
- Assists in the identification and management of key risks emanating from international tax operations, compliance, and reporting.
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 5 years of tax experience
- Experience with global business(es) in US tax compliance and IRS audits
- Knowledge of international income taxes.
- Experience with transfer pricing, and foreign tax credits.
- Experience preparing Forms 5471, 8858, 8865 and 1118.
- At least 1 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Sunday, November 15, 2020