Staff Accountant II--Corporate Accounting
- Chicago, IL
Staff Accountant II—Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is excited to be partnering with a household name headquartered in Chicago! They are looking to add to their corporate accounting team.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 or more years of broad accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant license
- Public accounting experience
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate and participate in the monthly close process for assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations or seeking solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior/manager.
- Analyze a moderate scope of situations or data review of a variety of factors.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues exercising judgment within defined accounting procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Prepare journal entries and account analyses timely and accurately.
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, billing and compliance systems.
- Respond to financial inquiries of field management providing requested information for use in effective field management of the business.
- Meet monthly schedule for reporting.
Things to get excited about:
- PTO days in addition to 6 sick days, 6 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Parental leave and adoption financial assistance, tuition assistance
- $50 allowance for cell phone every month
- People get promoted quickly on this team, and isn’t uncommon for people to move to finance, supply chain, or other areas of the company
- Health, Vision, Dental, HSA, FSA, Life insurance, 401k (100% matching up to 3% and 40% matching for the next 2%) and a 100% company-funded pension plan of 3% for compensation
Monday, January 25, 2021