Senior Financial Analyst
- Chicago, IL
The Senior Analyst on the Expense Planning & Analysis Team will assist various functional leader plan the management of their teams’ expenditures. Responsibilities include monthly variance analysis and rolling forecasting, annual Budget process, and financial analytics. The Senior Analyst will be the primary Finance contact for matters relating to cost centers, workforce planning, and project monitoring, will facilitate planning activities, represent Finance in cross-functional meetings, manage the driver based forecast model and related data sources, prepare materials for executive review, present to key stakeholders, field questions from the executive team, and evaluate actual performance.
The Senior Analyst will also perform ad hoc profitability analysis to support decision making for functional initiatives. The Senior Analyst will work independently to build reliable models to effectively evaluate alternatives, and clearly summarize and present analysis and recommendations for executive consideration.
Subject matter expertise in any of the following areas would be beneficial: Distribution Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Driver Based Modeling, Profitability/Margin Analysis, Essbase/SmartView, Cognos, SAP, Excel, PowerPoint.
FORECASTING / BUDGETING
- Contribute to business planning, budgeting and expenditure forecasting processes
- Apply basic modeling, forecasting and planning techniques to develop cost and revenue forecasts with drivers identified and explained
- Review financial results and identify key variances from budgets or forecasts
- Recognize and interpret the main elements of financial statements and reports
- Extract and deliver department, business unit, and/or enterprise-wide reports; present to nonfinancial stakeholders
- Prepare and provide accurate and timely financial data, where appropriate, for inclusion in the financial control process
- Use financial ratio and metric analysis in evaluating the company’s performance and its financial state
- Prepare profit and loss, economic value added, and cash flow analysis to enable decision-making
- Interpret and provide analysis of financial information and link to business unit strategy and operational performance
- Analyze business results and identify internal and external factors that have an impact on performance and analyses of market and industry trends/results
- Extrapolate and evaluate risk in FP&A scenarios
- Participate in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis
- Provide analytical and consultative input to monthly and quarterly internal reports and analyses
- Leverage financial analysis to influence and drive action within finance
- Provide trend and data analysis to inform, corroborate, and assess reasonableness and significance of financial assumptions
- Prepare, analyze, and report actual results against project and business unit operating plans including but not limited to monthly rolling forecasts, cost/profit analysis, present / future valuations, etc.
- Analyze and report on budget forecast and actual financial results, coordinating monthly analysis of consolidated income statement
- Perform multiple financial cost analyses and preparation of financial reports and contractual deliverables
- Develop detailed expense analysis and coordinating short-term forecast at various levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, interpret, and communicate financial data and results
- Ability to prepare and present financial data and variance explanations to stakeholders
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting, methods policies and procedures
- Proficient in applying problem resolution techniques
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Two (2) or more years progressively responsible related work experience
Thursday, March 9, 2023