- Chicago, IL
The Assistant Controller will assist the Global Controller in overseeing NA and European accounting activities as well as build the team, processes, and structure to develop into this next phase of growth and operationalization of the business. Reporting to the Global Controller, the Assistant Controller will play a key role partnering with the Senior Financial Leadership team, helping to build an accounting structure and key processes. Additionally, he/she will provide oversight for global financial reporting ensuring it meets the needs of the organization and complies with all applicable regulations. The Assistant Controller will assist in developing and maintaining the stand-alone company's global accounting operations including financial statement presentation and shared service functions. She/he will provide leadership and oversight of all financial, technical accounting, and control policies as well as be responsible for maintaining a strong control environment and oversight function.
This company is seeking a financial executive who is a curious self-starter and interested in doing more than closing the books. He/she will be excited about the opportunity to build a new global function and then lead that function to provide actionable insights to the business.
- Experience with internal control over financial reporting (SOX) in order to evaluation/maintain control environment of the newly spun off business
- Lead a team responsible for consolidation of financial results for North America and Europe and preparation of external financial statements, including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statements of Cash Flows and Statements of Shareholder's Equity
- Lead a team responsible for completion of technical accounting areas within the Corporate segment including the following:
- Hedge accounting
- Accounting for special compensation and benefit arrangements, including share-based compensation and pension accounting
- Accounting for unique technical accounting areas as they arise
- Review and oversight of Balance Sheet and Income Statement output from other accounting teams operating under Transaction Services Agreements (2 years)
- Own the global consolidation and close process and related reporting
- Proactively perform account fluctuation analysis, reconciliations, ad-hoc analysis, and management reporting
- Drive continued efficiency and simplification across Finance processes and provide critical direction and input to the development and design of new standalone systems
- Support required financial (internal or external) audits and be the lead responsible for management of the external audit with KPMG
- Hire, develop, and retain top-tier finance professionals through thought leadership, timely feedback and mentoring, as well as appropriate coaching and mentoring.
- Promote a team culture of high performance, efficiency and simplification across financial and accounting processes.
- Undergraduate university degree: graduate degree (MS/MA/MBA) preferred, CPA required.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including oversight of a medium to large team with a large corporate setting.
- Experience with CPG or global, matrixed manufacturing organizations is a plus. Experience developing or growing a team is preferred.
- Hands-on, collaborative, proactive, transparent, urgent and able to deal with ambiguity
- Overall demonstration of advisory capabilities, supported by a solid understanding of the business, external labor market, competitive landscape, and data analytics. Previous agency or search firm experience is also relevant and will be considered.
- Experience in financial and management reporting, consolidation, technical accounting, SEC reporting and systems deployment experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including internal controls and reporting skills
- Supervisory experience with a medium to large Controllership team including performance management, training, and development.
- Overall analytical skills and reasoning abilities will characterize the most distinguished candidates
Tuesday, September 27, 2022