Senior Auditor - Fortune 100 Retail Leader
- Chicago, IL
A top-ranked Fortune 100 company is looking to hire at the Senior level for their internal audit team. Everyone knows this company name globally in the retail space and they show no signs of slowing down!
- Leads the development of audit objectives, scope and audit programs through a risk assessment of the business process being reviewed.
- Leads the execution of financial, operational, and compliance audits through inquiry, observation and testing.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Able to independently identify risks in a given process and exercise independent judgment.
- Documents testing in automated workpapers.
- Communicates the progress of audits to the Manager/Director on a timely basis. Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, collaborates with project management to adjust audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies and documents audit findings, and effectively communicates, as identified, to supervisor. Escalate audit findings to Manager/Director.
- Prepares written communications, including the audit report, client correspondence, memos, and other working papers that document the scope, procedures performed, findings, and conclusions.
- Assists with post-audit follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions taken.
- Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve client satisfaction.
- Coordinates internal audit activities with external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage and reduce duplication of efforts.
- Sets and adheres to detailed project timelines including concrete project milestones. Communicates deviations from timelines to management when identified.
- May oversee auditors on a project basis and reviews working papers and files for accuracy and completeness.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in financial/operational auditing; information technology auditing; AND/OR financial/operational or information technology auditing experience in a public accounting firm OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Monday, May 22, 2023