Accountant-Real Estate Industry!
- Chicago, IL
Our client is a Blackstone Portfolio company in the real estate space and they are revolutionizing home ownership! They are seeking public accountants who want to help change the way people acquire and perceive owning a home. They are mission-driven and emphasize personal and professional growth.
As a Staff Accountant, you will contribute to the financial analysis and reporting processes while supporting the period-end close cycles. This role is based in our Chicago office and allows you insight into the workings of the real estate organization.
- Assist with weekly, monthly, and period-end closing activities, including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Support third-party auditors and collaborate with various teams within the organization.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and US GAAP.
- Prepare and distribute accurate internal and external financial statements.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial data.
- Resolve accounting issues and stay updated on new accounting pronouncements.
- Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- 2-3 years of professional public accounting/Big 4 experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Committed to personal and professional development.
- CPA certification preferred.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive healthcare coverage and access to a 401K plan.
- Mental wellness resources and pet insurance.
- Adoption assistance program and compassion leave.
- Hybrid working environment.
- Generous paid time off (33 days to start!).
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Join an awesome team and work under approachable and experienced leadership.
Wednesday, May 17, 2023