Senior Accounting Manager
- Northbrook, IL
Our client is a global privately held company and a pioneer in the applied safety science space and they are looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join their mission.
With a century-long legacy, they firmly believe in the potential and possibilities of innovation. Throughout history, from the early days of electrification to the recent advancements in 5G and mobility, they have worked tirelessly to enable safe adoption. They relentlessly explore new frontiers, driven by the goal of creating a safer world. Their certification marks are on almost every consumer product brought to the market, from lightbulbs to iPhones. Their expertise is their ultimate advantage.
With an unbeatable culture, they have built a progressive and exciting environment that everyone wants in on. Their employees are endlessly curious, passionate about their work, and are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change in the world.
As the Senior Accounting Manager, you will oversee the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of financial reporting for entities across the US, Canada, and Latin America. Working closely with a team of ~20 GL accountants, you'll ensure seamless month-end close procedures, supporting local statutory and tax reporting requirements. Your expertise in US GAAP will be essential in upholding accounting policies, and guaranteeing precise financials.
This high-profile role comes with a variety of responsibilities, including collaborating with corporate accounting and finance teams, business leads, legal, and executive management. You'll play a key role in process improvements, system upgrades, and M&A integrations. Additionally, your keen eye for internal controls will be invaluable in maintaining financial integrity.
- Accountable for accurate and timely monthly financials, including month-end reporting packages, for the legal entities in the Americas to the Corporate Accounting & Reporting teams.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation and review of Entity level local GAAP financial statements and other financial filings and ensuring integrity of UL’s internal management reporting based on US GAAP.
- Responsible for timely and high-quality reconciliations and analytics for the accounts and entities in their scope.
- Oversee updates to entity-level board of directors on matters related to internal controls, financial reporting and external audit.
- Manages the work of the GL accounting team including oversight, accounting expertise, coaching team members, and providing development opportunities.
- Close involvement in special projects i.e. implementation of new accounting standards, process improvements, system upgrades and implementations, M&A integrations.
- Partners with business units and corporate functions to evaluate accounting impacts of large or unusual transactions.
- Leadership role in Account-to-Report Team – partner with other accounting managers around the globe, including Corporate Accounting, to meet collective department goals.
- Support various audits including SOX, Internal Audit, and External Audit.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 8+ years GL accounting experience, including 3+ years in a managerial role
- Public accounting background preferred
- Global company experience, handling intercompany transactions and foreign currencies
- Strong Excel, Outlook, and MS Office skills required; Oracle experience is a plus
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to build high-performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, international environment
- Demonstrates initiative and a drive for continuous improvement
Wednesday, July 26, 2023