- Glenview, IL
The Audit Supervisor will assist the team in the execution of a robust risk-based audit plan and various department initiatives. The Audit Supervisor oversees the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit engagements while providing training and coaching to both Staff and Senior auditors. The Supervisor may also be involved in operational or compliance audit projects as well as providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff. The individual performs independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Identifies and evaluates operational and financial risk areas to provide key input toward the development and execution of the company’s audit plan.
- Executes audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Communicates audit progress, observations, and recommendations to audit and division management in a timely manner.
- Identifies process simplification opportunities utilizing a variety of audit and financial analysis tools and techniques.
- Ensures high quality of the audit with thorough review of auditors' work.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Audit staff conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Ensures audit reports are substantive and completed shortly after fieldwork.
- Ensures reports forwarded to audit management are prepared at a professional level of completeness, style, and accuracy and are grammatically correct.
- Ensures staff evaluations are substantive and completed timely after each engagement.
- Demonstrates professionalism during all interactions with business partners.
- Practices inclusive leadership and creates an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Provides mentorship to enhance career development of Audit staff.
- Willingness and ability to take on special projects within the department that are outside the scope of regular audits.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited university is required.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically without restrictions.
- At least four years of full-time experience in auditing manufacturing companies, including one year of audit supervisory experience.
- Certification or working toward a certification such as a CIA, CPA, or CMA is a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles, and preferred business practices.
- Ability to demonstrate good planning and project management skills when managing multiple responsibilities at once and effectively achieving deadlines while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Uses sound judgment, understanding of policy, data, and organized thought processes in decision-making.
- Applies appropriate professional skepticism and creativity in remediating observations.
- Effective verbal and written communication, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Models a high standard of performance and professional conduct for others, while maintaining composure under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Holds themselves and the team accountable to perform at a high level.
- Demonstrates curiosity and proactively seeks to improve individual performance.
- Readiness to accept additional responsibilities, as well as willingness to try new ideas and methodologies.
- Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, presentations, summaries and analyses.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022