- Des Plaines, IL
Buckingham Search is excited to partner with a leading, privately-held manufacturing company to hire an Internal Audit Manager.
Things to get excited about:
- Excellent benefits like:
- 5% 401k match, 4 weeks PTO + federal holidays, phone reimbursement, tuition reimbursement.
- Sweet perks like:
- Onsite gym, FREE trainer, and bar in the office.
- Opportunity to advance across multiple business lines.
In this role you’ll focus on:
- Auditing corporate departments and shared service center processes, as well as some enterprise-wide audits that touch all or multiple business units.
- Participating in or leading data analytics projects to support audits and continuous monitoring.
- Providing support for ethics and compliance investigations.
- Assisting the external auditors with completing the annual financial audit.
- Leading a Field/Operations audit of a distribution center as needed.
- Managing the assigned portion of the audit plan and direct reports.
Additional areas you’ll get involved in:
- Assisting with developing and implementing department strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Leading efforts to develop the assigned portion of the audit plan as part of the annual risk assessment process and updating the audit universe.
- Managing and monitoring the overall quality and timely execution of assigned audit plan projects including risk assessment, planning, scheduling, fieldwork/testing, reporting, and follow-up activities.
- Ensuring audit project planning and testing procedures consider and address operational, compliance, and financial risks including fraud at the company's business units.
- Reviewing and approving all project and deliverables timely and providing coaching and feedback to audit team members on audit projects to ensure overall quality.
- Preparing, reviewing and communicating meaningful audit updates, memos and reports to the Audit Director, Senior Management, and the Audit Committee.
- Building relationships and working with business management and compliance functions to understand business developments, changes, and emerging risks to evaluate impacts on the overall control environment and adjusting project priorities as needed to ensure adequate risk coverage.
- Monitoring and validating the status of management action plans to mitigate risks identified in audits.
- Providing thought leadership and leading and participating in driving department change and continuous improvement efforts related to people, process, and technology.
- Providing advisory services to enhance the current control environment and business practices, policies, and procedures.
Monday, March 16, 2020