SOX Audit Manager - Newly created role
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a leading publicly-held insurance and financial services organization, headquartered in the Chicago loop, is seeking to hire an experienced SOX Audit Manager to their growing team, who will be involved in starting this team from scratch with the help on a Senior SOX Auditor.
The company has grown significantly through acquisition recently and is seeking a top-performing experienced Audit professional for this critical role.
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Understand the SOX process flows, narratives, risk and control matrices of business processes, and information technology platforms relevant to financial reporting. Assist in updating and maintaining these key documents on a consistent basis as the company continually grows organically and inorganically and changes.
- Conduct or participate in walkthroughs and other meetings with process and control owners to ensure SOX testing plans are properly created to address financial reporting risks identified by management
- Participate in the development of testing plans over key controls, reports, and spreadsheets
- Evaluate the operational effectiveness of entity-level controls, business process key controls, and ITGCs in accordance with ICFR testing guidance
- Perform data collection, verification, and interpretation to assess the accuracy and completeness of system reports and end-user computing spreadsheets, as instructed by the external financial auditor
- Document SOX testing procedures performed and results of those procedures in accordance with established regulatory and professional auditing standards
- Communicate in a timely manner any control deficiencies or exceptions identified during SOX testing
- Communicate with and assist external/internal auditors as needed
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- 10+ years of internal or external audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS and COSO internal control framework, including familiarity with the common indicators of fraud
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Excellent consulting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills
- CIA, CPA, CISSP and CFE certification is a plus
- Ability to travel between 10 – 30%
Wednesday, November 27, 2019