Senior Accountant Opportunity within Energy Sector!
- Chicago, IL
Our client is a fast-growing and highly acquisitive energy company in the heart of downtown Chicago that is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team and build out the department. This is a high-visibility role (reporting to the Controller!) within a profitable and well-funded company.
- Oversight and responsibility for the accounting and financial reporting of a portfolio of service centers
- Executes the monthly close procedures (record journal entries, prepare account reconciliations, and collect data from field offices) and ensures that all transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable accounting standards
- Identifies and investigates variances in actuals versus budget/forecast and provide resolutions
- Assess compliance with standard operating procedures and internal controls
- Takes a leadership role assisting Controller with annual financial statement audit process including being a liaison with the outside audit team
- Drives all aspects of accounting integration for newly acquired businesses
- Assists with sales and use tax audits and regulatory compliance as needed
- Completes special projects assigned by the Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting
- Minimum two years of applicable experience – audit experience required
- CPA preferred – but will consider CPA in progress
- 2-4 years mid-tier public or Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting policies to business transactions
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Organized and detail-oriented with a strong ability to absorb and process information quickly
- Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency using MS Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel minimally to company’s field locations primarily upon acquisition of newly acquired businesses
Monday, August 7, 2023