Tax Manager - Global Sustainable Energy Leader - Hybrid in Chicago, IL
- Chicago, IL, United States
We're working with an innovative, global leader in sustainable energy solutions who is seeking a skilled Tax Manager to join their vibrant team in Chicago, IL. They offer a hybrid work schedule, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home on Mondays and Fridays.
In this role, you'll manage a junior team, lead cross-functional discussions, and assist in various tax compliance processes. You'll also be involved in preparing detailed analyses for complex transactions and various tax-related projects. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career while contributing to a cleaner energy future!
- Oversee and enhance the team’s work product, manage tax compliance requirements for 100+ filing entities.
- Perform detailed review of partnership workpapers, tax returns, and taxable income workpapers.
- Analyze complex transactions and provide insights to external tax service providers.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and year-end taxable income projections.
- Manage various projects and processes; coach and develop junior staff.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Review and assist junior staff in maintaining tax depreciation ledgers.
- Assist with tax audits and responses to notices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field; Master’s Degree in Taxation or CPA is a plus.
- 5+ years of progressive tax experience, particularly in partnership tax compliance and transactions.
- Ability to work with new rules and ambiguity to develop analysis and guidance on issues.
- Strong cross-functional project management skills.
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with software and system applications (Oracle, Excel, MS Word, Alteryx, etc.)
Preferred experience in the energy, power, real estate, or infrastructure space.
This company offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc. If you're a tax professional looking to make a difference in a growing, dynamic sector, this role is for you! Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Monday, July 10, 2023