Corporate Finance Associate - Real Estate Company
- Chicago, IL, United States
On behalf of our esteemed client in the real estate industry, we are currently seeking a talented Corporate Finance Associate to join their team in Chicago, Illinois. Our client is a leading real estate services company that provides best-in-class processes, a highly skilled employee base, and state-of-the-art technology to multiple real estate portfolio companies across various sectors. They value a culture that inspires change, momentum, and constant growth.
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with portfolio companies on behalf of the client, overseeing their accounting operations and providing financial recommendations and solutions
- Manage the monthly close process, preparing journal entries and managing various asset and liability reconciliations
- Review balance sheet and income statement variances, preparing detailed analyses explaining monthly and quarterly fluctuations
- Assist with preparation of financial data for quarterly reporting, management, portfolio companies' and partner requests
- Propose and implement improvements to current processes and maintain effective control processes
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a business-related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- General understanding of US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and accounting software
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- CPA Certification
- Data visualization experience (Tableau or Power BI)
- Knowledge of Workday
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, overall compensation, and 401(k)
- Hybrid work policy and work-life balance offerings
- In-house and external learning & development opportunities
- Generous health insurance and wellness benefits
If you are a driven and enthusiastic individual who seeks constant growth, wants to excel, and is ready to make a significant impact in the real estate industry, we encourage you to apply for this Corporate Finance Associate role with our client.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through this job posting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Monday, April 3, 2023