Audit Manager - Low Travel
- Hillside, IL
Are you excited to apply your Audit skillset in a Management capacity and help a fast-growing small business get to the next level? Then this may be just the role for you!
An Audit & Management Consulting firm located in the South and Western suburbs of Chicago is seeking a bright, engaged and eager Audit Manager to join their growing team!
This firm has been in practice for over 20 years and is a recognized Minority Business Enterprise. Since their audit team’s inception over 6 years ago, the group has grown over 800% and they are excited to continue this growth with the addition of this Audit Manager!
As an organization, they provide services to government, individual and privately held businesses. They pride themselves on the relationships they build with their clients, as well as those they’ve developed with their internal employees, which is seen in their strong employee tenure.
Things to get excited about!
- All work is in IL and typically local, very little need (if any) for overnight stays for audits
- Strong work/life balance – at their peak busy season 55/hr work weeks are typically the max
- Certified Minority Business Enterprise company
- This role is open due to growth!
- As a company, they prefer to be staffed up before taking on client work above their staffable hours, rather than burning out employees with a “say yes to the client and figure it out later” mentality
- The Audit team consistently competes with and wins business from much larger firms
- Strong PTO plus 6 personal days, and 8 holidays including a floating holiday, health insurance, dental, vision, retirement matching, and CPA completion bonus!
- Strong experience in governmental audit/consulting and experience working in local government set the company apart from their competitors
- Plan and supervise audit and consulting engagements
- Maintain client relationships
- Review and complete Workpapers
- Prepare financial statements, including Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports, and other reports such as management letters
- Train and develop Staff and Senior Auditors, as well as contribute to the overall firm culture of collaboration and professional development
- Research new audit and accounting pronouncements, creating plans for implementation where required
- Assist the Audit Partner in ensuring quality control for all engagements
- Assist the Partners in running and growing the audit and consulting practices
- Serve as the face of the organization at networking and/or community events as needed
- CPA or work towards completing the CPA required
- 5+ years of public accounting audit experience (experience working for a municipality is a plus)
- Experience managing and developing Staff and Senior Auditors required
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing including familiarity with all GASB pronouncements and AICPA and Yellow Book standards required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to lead others
- Strong desire to contribute to the overall growth/development of an organization
- Ability to streamline and develop processes
Buckingham Search is proud to only support and represent equal opportunity workplaces and affirmative action employers.
FW - IND123
Friday, August 16, 2019