Senior Auditor, Global Finance Audit
- Lake Forest, IL
Our client, a Fortune 200 life sciences company, is hiring a Senior Auditor.
This company creates healthcare products that impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every day and they also take care of their employees with substantial benefits!
Things to be excited about:
- Beautiful campus in the northern Chicago suburbs
- Opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
- Top benefits
- Very low turnover leaving the organization. However, the company consistently rotates audit employees into other areas of the business!
- Team - 65 on the entire audit team globally.
- Perform financial audits of company's domestic and international businesses over the course of an 18-24 month rotation in Corporate Audit.
- Utilize skills and knowledge acquired from 3-6 years of public accounting experience to assess the accuracy of financial statements, adequacy of internal controls, and identify business process improvements.
- Successfully complete audits from planning to fieldwork to report issuance to wrap up.
- Document all audit work performed in a clear, purposeful, and timely manner.
- Establish positive working relationships with management and provide input on risks and controls while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Promote an effective team-oriented atmosphere and take initiative to assist in the orientation and development of new auditors.
- Achieve individual and department goals as assigned.
- Leverage experience obtained and relationships developed over the course of the rotation to identify future career interests and opportunities in company's finance.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3-6 busy seasons in internal/external audit practice of a public accounting firm, Big 4, highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and experience in testing SOX related processes and controls
- Project management experience including the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little or no supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to express a point of view and advise on risk and control considerations
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience desirable
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
- CPA or other certification (CISA, CIA, CMA), highly preferred
- 40-60% travel to Abbott's International and Domestic locations required
Friday, November 1, 2019