Senior Data Analyst - Hybrid Schedule
- Lincolnshire, IL
A manufacturing company in the northern suburbs of Chicago is hiring to their Data Analytics and Internal Audit team! This company has a huge focus on clean energy and fuel and is making waves in this space. They were ranked by Forbes in 2022 as a Best Midsize Employer and are known globally.
- Contributes to the development and advancement of the annual data analytics program initiatives and program manual by assisting in the review and improvement of department processes, tools and methodologies related to the use of data analytics
- Provides ad hoc data analytics support to the Internal Audit team during all relevant stages of an audit to deliver on integrated audits which include information technology, business operations, compliance and financial audit projects.
- Designs and executes automated processes to collect and prepare complex or large volumes of data for analysis, including data extraction from multiple data sources, cleansing, transformation, profiling, and data quality monitoring.
- Conducts in-depth data analysis using traditional and statistical methods and techniques (e.g., deviation, slope, capability, correlation) to analyze and interpret data, and drives decisions to the audit team and to multiple levels of leadership by providing advanced quantitative and qualitative data reporting of patterns and insights. Uses data to effectively highlight emerging critical issues in the business process or control and to build consensus.
- Maintains a high level of competency in analytical and statistical principles, tools and techniques, and supports the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapts to modern analytics techniques – including the application of predictive analytics concepts and robotics process automations.
- Uses business intelligence methods to build scalable solutions that are easily consumed such as data visualizations, storyboards and metrics reporting to support the various departmental analytical needs.
- Acts as a strong advocate in ensuring presence of high-quality data for analytics use. Recognizes data gaps, errors, anomalies, inconsistencies and redundancies by analyzing the content, structure and relationships within the data elements. Where needed, provides management with high impact recommendations to data issues for inputs to the company’s data governance, data management and data integrity initiatives.
- Contributes to the establishment of departmental data governance and data management framework and guidelines while leveraging the enterprise data standards and compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Data Science, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role similar to auditing, finance, accounting or business analytics support – employing advanced application of data analytics techniques and tools in a complex business environment
- Certification related to data analysis is preferred. Certification in auditing or accounting related profession (CISA, CIA, CPA, CFE, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of the following technologies to deliver on the data analytics needs: query languages to self-extract data from data warehouses or data marts that employ SQL database environments; the use of analytical tools such as ACL, SQL and Excel; and the use of business intelligence and visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing data sets using complex data models and data mining.
- Demonstrated experience in providing timely, high-quality and insightful data analytics and reporting, supported by a strong understanding of the business concepts behind the data, under tight deadlines and among multiple competing deliverables with flexibility to prioritize workload accordingly.
- Strong understanding of Internal Controls and Segregation of Duties Framework is preferred. Experience in performing data analytics in an Internal Audit or Compliance environment, or in applying fraud discovery techniques during the design and execution of data analytics, is a plus.
Travel will be approximately 10%, some international travel may be required.
Things to get excited about:
- Recently ranked 16th overall on Forbes’ 2022 list of America’s Best Midsize Employers
- Pension plan starting your first year + great benefits
- The company pays for continuing training and education
- 100% match on first 6% contributed to 401k
- Flexible work schedule - most of the team works half days on Friday's. 3 days in office and 2 days remote
- Very competitive compensation packages
- Super high visibility to senior leadership on this team
Thursday, June 30, 2022