Tax Accountant-Leader in Renewable Energy!
- Chicago, IL
This client is a global leader in sustainable energy solutions with a presence across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. They have developed over 150 renewable energy projects worldwide, encompassing wind, solar, natural gas power generation, and advanced energy storage facilities. This is what made them the largest renewable energy company in North America!
As an innovator building a sustainable world, they are seeking a Tax Accountant with a background in international tax to join their expanding team. In this role, you will focus on international tax compliance and income tax provision, with the opportunity to participate in all aspects of taxation including domestic and international reporting.
- Manage communications and tasks between the Chicago tax team and foreign country teams regarding year-end income tax provisions, tax filings, tax audits, and other tax-related inquiries
- Support managers and directors in international tax planning projects
- Assist in maintaining tax depreciation ledgers and reconciliations Work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization (e.g., accounting, legal, finance operations, development teams from various countries) to achieve common goals and improve processes
- 1-3 years of progressive tax experience Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related field; Master’s Degree in Taxation or CPA is a plus
- Interested in and motivated by working in the renewable energy industry both independently and cross-functionally Self-starter to quickly learn new areas of tax as the business and tax law evolve
- Positive mindset to identify improvement opportunities and solution to problems
- Detail oriented and flexible to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment; follow up regularly with manager/director to discuss progress and results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with software and system applications (Excel, Oracle, MS Word, OneSource, etc.) and ability to learn internal applications
- Prior experience in the energy, power, real estate, or infrastructure space is a plus.
- Experience in international tax is a plus.
Our client offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, and other benefits. They value diversity and believe that inclusion drives innovation, welcoming all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions, and abilities. If you're a motivated Tax professional looking to join a dynamic team, apply today!
Wednesday, May 31, 2023