Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
- Oak Brook, IL
Fortune 500 Manufacturer headquartered in the Western Chicago suburbs is hiring a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting!
This International, publicly held, powerhouse is known for many things, one of the biggest being their commitment to developing talent and offering great long-term career opportunities and advancement roles! They also boast a strong compensation plan, generous annual bonus, and a strong benefits plan.
The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting Manager plays a pivotal role in the accounting assessment and conclusion for some of the Company’s most complex technical accounting matters. This is a vital role in the company and will play a key role in developing and driving strategic decisions and improvements within the finance organization. The individual will contribute towards developing world-class accounting and financial reporting processes and controls to help prepare the Company for its continued future organic and acquisitive growth.
- Direct and oversee technical accounting research and resolution of significant and/or non-routine transactions including but not limited to revenue recognition, leasing, variable interest entities, derivatives, impairments, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Consult with and provide guidance to senior management and business operations on the proper accounting treatment for proposed transactions; may assist with the structuring of arrangements.
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and assist in determining the related accounting, policy and reporting impact.
- Lead teams to quantify impacts and determine training plans for internal accounting staff on the implementation of new policies and assist in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Prepare and review technical accounting position papers.
- Coordinate with external reporting group on disclosures in external filings. May assist in the review of SEC financial statement reporting and provides support for compliance with U.S. GAAP, SEC, EU, and other regulatory filings.
- Review and enhance internal controls as necessary.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 6+ years of accounting experience in a publicly-traded corporation.
- 3+ years of lead experience.
- CPA required.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
Wednesday, March 18, 2020